Friday, October 21, 2011

Trainee teacher's involvement with CIEC Promoting science

Trainee teacher Katie let us know how much she had enjoyed being involved in a CIEC school session.

“I am currently a trainee teacher studying for a PGCE at York St John University.
Towards the end of last year, I was working as a Teaching Assistant at St.Margarets C of E
School, Horsforth, Leeds.  I was lucky enough to be involved in the session
when a CIEC trainer came and delivered a lesson on " finding a suitable
sealant to fix a burst water pipe".  The kids absolutely loved it, and it
was inspirational to observe from the point of view of a trainee teacher.  I
am currently writing a science assignment on "The teaching and learning
of science". Naturally, I wanted to exemplar this session, as it was so interesting and relevant to children learning about science.”

No comments:

Post a Comment